Metal etching is a highly technical process that involves:
- Degreasing and cleaning the metal thoroughly so that there is excellent adhesion between the masking and the part to ensure uniform material removal during the milling process.
- Applying masking material to the surfaces of the part to prevent etching from taking place on these surfaces. (Masking types include tapes, paints, elastomers and plastics.)
- Managing the temperature and the agitation of the reagent in the tank to produce uniform results during the etching process.
- Removing any remaining masking and thoroughly washing the part after the etching process to prevent further etching by any residual reagent.
- Machining and finishing operations. Post etching treatment can include anodizing, electroplating and other finishing methods. We can also finish the product with paint or laser treatments to add your logo or other designs.
Our Process Makes It Easy!